Porcelain Veneers An Overview
If you have concerns about the appearance of your teeth, porcelain veneers could be right for you. New Bern dentist, Dr. Stephen Hoard, is one of the most experienced cosmetic dentists in North Carolina. He offers several options for dental veneers including porcelain veneers as well as alternatives like cosmetic tooth bonding.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin ceramic shells that are permanently bonded to the front and side of the teeth. Porcelain veneers are designed to match the appearance of natural teeth. They can hide imperfections and improve the shape, color, size, and position of teeth. Using state-of-the-art technology, Dr. Hoard can create porcelain veneers that blend seamlessly with your natural smile.
Porcelain Veneers in New Bern, NC
Porcelain veneers can be used to:
- Correct small spaces or gaps between teeth
- Improve the color or appearance of stained and discolored teeth
- Repair small chips or cracks
- Repair chipped, fractured, or broken teeth
- Improve the appearance of crooked or misaligned teeth
- Change the shape or length of teeth
- Repair worn teeth
Porcelain veneers are extremely durable and tooth like. The porcelain material has a translucence and texture similar to natural tooth enamel. Unlike tooth enamel, however, porcelain veneers are resistant to stain and decay. Not to mention, that porcelain veneers can brighten your smile and improve self esteem.
What are the benefits of porcelain veneers?
- A natural looking solution for a wide range of dental concerns
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant
- Porcelain can be color matched to match your natural teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are decay resistant
- Don’t require an extensive amount of preparation